Joan Targett was a tireless volunteer with the Silver Blades for many, many years.
- member of Silver Blades FSC
- Became a volunteer about 1977 when her daughter (Yvette) began skating
- During hard financial times in 1980’s was one of the many dedicated volunteers who worked extremely hard with major fund raising projects to get the club out of financial ruin and back on track
- For 19 years Joan held a variety of positions on executive including Ice Show chair for many years and Club Secretary while still playing a major role in fundraising – like many other volunteers this continued well after her daughter finished as a skater
- Supported every skater 100% and continued to attend all competitions until illness stopped this activity
- While battling cancer purchased a trophy to be given annually at Western Regionals for the most outstanding performance
- Joan was presented with a plaque for her many years of volunteerism with the Silver Blades Club
- Although Joan died in 1997 she still supports the skaters by having a Trust Fund set up in her name to be presented yearly at the Silver Blades Annual Ice Show.